Informational flyers for parents (PDFs)
Guidebooks for school administrators (PDFs)
- The Good News Club: A Guidebook for School Administrators
- Religious Released-Time Programs: A Guidebook for School Administrators
Advice about religious flyers and literature in public schools
Advice about religious and freethought clubs in public schools
An excellent book by an award-winning journalist
- Critical overview of the Good News Club curriculum: IntrinsicDignity.com
- Child Evangelism Fellowship (CEF): CEFonline.com
- “Sophia Investigates the Good News Club” (36 minutes). Citizens investigate the Good News Club in their community, providing a broad overview.
- “The Good News Club: Exposing the Truth About So-Called Good News Clubs,” produced by the Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science.
- CEF teacher training video, Wordless Book training (42 minutes)
- CEF teacher training video (general, 3 min.)
- CEF teacher training video (general, 13 min.)
- Dr. R. Elisabeth Cornwell interviews journalist/author Katherine Stewart about the Good News Club.
- “The Dark Gospel of the Good News Club” (16 minutes). Critical overview.
- “The Good News Club: Lies and Intimidation.” Citizens challenge the Good News Club in their school.
- “How Religious Fundamentalism Threatens Oregon’s Public Schools.” Katherine Stewart presentation in Portland, June 2015.
U.S. groups protecting children from the Good News Club
- California: facebook.com/protectmontereycountychildren
- Indiana: Contact Center for Inquiry Indiana
- Maine: facebook.com/protectmainechildren
- New York: http://www.youngskeptics.net
- North Carolina: facebook.com/protecttrianglechildren
- Oregon: facebook.com/protectoregonchildren
Articles by Katherine Stewart, author of The Good News Club
- “Do Evangelical Kids’ Clubs Deserve Freedom of Speech in Public Schools?”
- “How evangelicals are making children their missionaries in public schools”
- “How Christian fundamentalists plan to teach genocide to schoolchildren”
- “The Lord’s Army Comes to America’s Public Schools”
- “Get the Church Out of America’s Kindergartens“
- “Reading, Writing, and Original Sin“
Articles by Valerie Tarico, psychologist/writer
- “Our Public Schools Their Mission Field”
- “Child Evangelism Fellowship Targets Portland Children for Summer Salvation. Locals Fights Back”
- “Don’t Want Pro-Genocide Bible Lessons in Your Public School? Fight Back! Here’s How.”
- “Religious Trauma Syndrome: How Some Organized Religion Leads to Mental Health Problems”
Article by a former Good News Club member
Article about citizens who challenged a local Good News Club
A must-see Good News Club marketing plan
Legal analysis and commentary
- Good News Club curriculum analysis, case law commentary and detailed model policies (PDF)
- Religious Clubs and Non-Secondary Schools (PDF)
- Good News Club v. Milford Central School opinion, concurrences and dissents
- Supreme Court decision Good News Club v. Milford Central School ACLU amicus brief (PDF)